Monday, March 21, 2016

Self Harm

Lately I've been itching to hurt myself. I shouldn't feel like that on spring break, yet change always gets my anxiety through the roof. Even a good bubble bath, courtesy of a Brightside bubble bar, was only enough to keep me sane for an hour or so. And today I took a good look at myself in the mirror, my full physical self. And the scars are numerous, the scars that I prefer to call my map of intertwining tiger stripes. It's a gentler term, in my opinion. Here's the thing. Cutters face a lot of stigma if they choose to show their wounds freely. Most people will either run the other way or make fun, saying it's all for attention, all such rubbish and the like. My heart goes out to everybody struggling with self harm, bexcuse I know the pain and whenever I see somebody's "tiger stripes" as I would say, I just want to embrace them and never let go. But the majority of people's reactions just make things worse. But, on the other hand, I'm tired of hiding what I've gone through. I'm going to wear what I want, go swimming, live life as I please, and my scars, little angry dashes across my wrists, thighs, hips, breasts, it's not going to stop me. I'm proud that I didn't give up andinner that I didn't end my life, and screw everybody who's going to point and mock, or run off in fear. I'm happy with my life now and I may be currently in a rough patch, crying myself to sleep, but I'm in a much better position than I ever was before, and I have the confidence to kick butt now. I think it's time to bring more awareness about on self harming, because people need an education to understand. I'm gonna take it upon myself to help others get help and help others become more aware, and most of all, I'm gonna let it loose.

No comments:

Post a Comment