Tuesday, March 22, 2016

Go To Spots in Newport

If you live in California, going to Newport is a must. It's nearly sinful if you haven't been. Since I practically live in Newport for a few weeks in the year, I know first hand what a great getaway it is, and I wanted to share a few fantastic ideas for how to spend your time in Newport to make it the best it can be.
1.Go to the beach. Newport, Laguna, Corona Del Mar, it doesn't matter, all are perfect examples of the way to relax. As a plus, you're bound to get a sea life show! There's always dolphins, sharks, and even seals around to keep you interested. It's also a great place to find some sand crabs or sea shells or simply lay back and tan.
2.Another great spot to hit up in Newport is Rita's Italian Ice. I've already done a review on this establishment, but it's the perfect way to cool off after a day at the beach with some custard or cool ice.
3.Food, food, food! I also recommend Ruby's Shake Shack. It has an enormous selection of anything shakes. Yum, yum! A peanut butter shake is right up my alley.
4.Balboa Island is a great area to go shopping, get some food, and pamper yourself! If you end up strolling the streets there, it's absolutely mandatory to get a Balboa Bar or a chocolate covered frozen banana! If you're in the mood for really spoiling yourself, I suggest Sinfulicious. They carry bath bombs, scrubs, lotions, and you can even costumize your own bath bomb or scrub with any scent you please! My personal favorites are hazelnut, brown sugar, coconut, yuzu, and patchouli. It's like the lovechild of Lush and Bath and Body Works. If you're looking for a shopping spree, I really like Crush. I just bought an adorable and affordable jumper to wear. And if you're really wanting a sugar rush, Balboa Candy is the place to go! Theyve got the best selection of taffy candy that I've ever seen. Yum yum!
5.If you're stuck on where to stay in terms of hotel, I always stay at the Marriott. They've got a Koi Fish Pond, several pools and Jacuzzis, and even places where kids can hang out! There's also a great view of the ocean, some firepits, a sand volleyball court, and playgrounds. It's a great place to relax, hang out, walk around, and play. Plus, there's oodles of cute people.
6.The Fashion Island Mall is the best place to go on a shopping spree, to chill and hang out with friends, and to get energy out. I personally think all their shops have better selections of their items than the ones at home, like Lush, the pet shop (there were baby bunnies!!!), everything was much better in terms of variety and space.
7.See a theatre movie! I really love kicking back in the theatres that have the reclining seats and trays to put down your food. It makes you feel like royalty.
8.Eat out for breakfast! The best places to go are any crepe places (no surprise there for me), IHOP (pancakes are a no-brainer) and my personal favorite is this one restaurant inside an actual grocery store. It has the best potatoes, toast, and pancakes. Delicious!
I'm going to stop there, as the number "8" is my all-time lucky number. Hope if you ever chance going to Newport, you enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment