Thursday, March 31, 2016

Being Labelled

I don't like labels. But of course, I've been dubbed plenty of things- emo, goth, boring nerd, the like. And the thing about labels is that you dont ever really know what that person's like. And for me, boring is pretty much the only word that ever gets to me. I don't know why, but it hurts me, because I'm not, in any way. And especially when people think that just because I'm smart means I don't have a life....what? No. And I've proved just the opposite. I can be downright hilarious, bad, mischievous, adventurous....and really, smarts is all some people see. But I don't really mind too much. I just wish it wouldn't be so big of a thing. After all, I wouldn't even label myself, because why in the world would I confine myself to a stereotype, a generalization, never to live up to anything else?

No comments:

Post a Comment