Tuesday, March 8, 2016

My Ethnicity/Culture Struggle

So here's the thing. I feel like any other culture, or ethnicity, has so much interesting background. I mean, in terms of dating, I'm a sucker for Indian, Latino, Middle Eastern, and some African individuals. That's just me, and I find that even just these groups of people have such fascinating stories behind who they are. And then there's white people, like me. I know I descend from people who were German, Swedish, Armenian, Russian, Greece, Switzerland, the like. But in the US, I feel like white people just get all their culture from other people's culture. And I just want to feel, for once, that white people actually have something to contribute to society, as for culture. I don't know. I mean, some have told me I'm a "Nazi". And that's just for the blue eyes, fair skin, and blonde-brown hair. Does that count? I'm not so sure it does. But anyways, I still do love who I am and perhaps someday I'll be able to visit Europe, pay homage to my ancestors. I love travel, and I especially look forward to going to Greece and Turkey. But anyways, I don't know, I guess I just think that the world is full of such beautiful people, inside and out. And that makes me happy, but also melancholy that I have nothing to contribute. I want to do something to change things for everybody, in the most positive way. So, whatever you look like, whatever your skin, whatever your culture, be proud of who you are, because I'm still learning to do the same. We can make this journey together. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment