Sunday, March 20, 2016

International Day of Happiness

Today is International Day of Happiness, and in fact, I am quite happy! Looking back into the past, though, it was rough. I was depressed, suicidal, my skin a dull pasty color, decorated with what I called my "tiger stripes" aka cuts. But, boy, things sure have changed. Sometimes I wish I was still miserable, but now, more than ever, I am ever so grateful for this opportunity I have to be happy, to be so joyous in everything I am, and everything I have. I am so happy that I have my family, my friends, food (yes, of course), my lovely home, that I'm educated, and I'm healthy, for my personality and my love of books and animals, for this very blog, for everything, really. Looking back on my post last year about today, I realize how amazing everything really is. Why not be happy? For today, at least, crack open a Dr. Pepper, take a sip, sit back, and smile. And if you can't do that, at least make others happy, make their lives just that little bit better, and I assure you, everything will start to look up.

No comments:

Post a Comment