Thursday, March 31, 2016

Kindness

Today I took my little brother and the family dog on a walk and at one point, we stopped at the park for a while. An Asian family was there, watching their kids play, the two women and elderly man talking amongst themselves. But then they approach me, and are petting the dog, and smiling merrily at me, and even just that makes me feel at home. I felt as if they loved me, and they didn't even know me. They didn't speak much English at all, but even so, I felt like we were able to communicate well. I don't know if I was just feeling really sentimental today or something, but it just made me feel like people are just so amazing. People are great, and although no enormous act of service was done or anything, the pure and simple kindness of strangers was enough. When I left they all wave goodbye at me and embraced me as if I were family or a good friend! I mean, if all foreigners (I mean, not that they're not U.S. citizens, but probably used to live in Asia) are like this, then bring it on. I'm ready to travel the world! Or maybe I'm ready to move. Goodbye, home country, kindness is what I'm after. Wouldn't it be amazing if everybody could just be so utterly compassionate and alive and kind?

No comments:

Post a Comment