Wednesday, March 9, 2016

Mystic Woodland Mud Pie: Homemade Bath Bomb

Tonight I was really looking for something comforting and relaxing. I was looking to spoil myself. And, considering the fact that I've run all out of my Lush supply stock, I deduced to get creative and make my own bath bomb. Here are the instructions on my "Mystic Woodland Mud Pie" bath bomb, and later I'll review how it performed compared to Lush's products:
Ingredients
-Peppermint oil
-Cocoa Powder
-Baking Soda
-Cinnamon, stick or powder
-Glitter
-Lemon juice
-Vanilla Extract
-Water
-Salt
-A few drops of any food coloring of your choice, especially green or a red, orange, or yellow color
-Coconut oil
-Bowl
-Spoon to mix together

First of all, I ended up mixing all the ingredients together, in no particular order. I was feeling a little risky. And, it really depends on the color you're looking for, what smells you want to dominant, and how fizzy or moisturizing you want it to be, so the measurements for each ingredient varies on your own individual wants. I didn't measure how much of each item I used, but it seemed to be just enough for a very enjoyable, yet different bath. After all the ingredients were in the bowl, I stirred everything together with a spoon. Make sure not to put too much water, otherwise it'll be too wet and won't stick together very well. Though I didn't use much water, my concoction had a thick, muddy consistence and coloring. However, I was not deterred. I put one small clump into my tub, filled with steaming hot water, and as soon as each hit the water, it burst into an explosion, like a mini colored tsunami. Once everything had been settled, the water was this murky green, hence the reason why I deduced to dub my bath bomb a "mystic woodland". A lovely luster lingers on the top of the water, shimmering and shining all gorgeously. I actually quite enjoyed the look of my homemade bath bomb once it had dissolved into the water. For me at least, it's a very calming color to behold, and especially with the lights off, it's like leaning back to relax in an undisturbed lagoon. As far as the smell goes, it's a mud pie. It's a delicious scent that every foodie would enjoy, one I have yet to encounter at my local Lush shop. Unsurprisingly, all the scents mix together rather nicely, smelling of a minty-chocolate-cinnamon pie with a hint of vanilla and coconut. It really is a lovely smell, like heavenly dessert that demands to be bathed in. Although my homemade bath bomb didn't turn out the way I thought it would in solid form, (although I must admit, I didn't feel like using a mold and letting it sit around all day to harden, so...) it was a breathtaking, as well as calming bathing experience. It really helps you to relax all the tension in your mind and body, and once you've grudgingly exited the bath tub, your skin is baby smooth. Although it does leave a slight glitter residue, I am extremely proud of my creation, and am glad to bestow upon it a 5/5 rating.

No comments:

Post a Comment