Saturday, March 12, 2016

Humpty Dumpty Bath Bomb: Lush Review

I have been sick the last few days, and today I woke up feeling refreshed and so much healthier. Yesterday, though, I was miserable. To cheer my spirits, I went to Lush and picked out the Humpty Dumpty bath bomb. I needed a nice bath to keep me sane because being sick is literally my worst nightmare. Anyways, although it's described as smelling like orange, caramel, and bergamot, I picked up more of a scent like the Twilight bath bomb, which is my all-time favorite Lush product so far. This bath bomb comes for a hefty price of $8.95, but it's supposed to be reusable, good for up to three baths, so it seemed pretty justifiable. As soon as I got home, I started the water in the tub and tried to get open the bath bomb. I tried literally EVERYTHING to get it open. However, to no avail. I couldn't get it open at all. That was very displeasing for me, so, disappointed, I just plopped the entire thing into the bath. The scent remained strong throughout the entire bath, which I loved, and it spewed out lovely shades of yellow, green, blue, and pink. I was thinking it would take several minutes to fizz away. Since it smelled like Twilight to me at least, I guessed that it would be a spectacular and long-lasting sight to behold. However, the show lasted less than a minute! In the end, it turned the water a lovely dark ocean blue color, and after getting out I realized it really did give my skin a smooth feel to it, but I was extremely disappointed in its performance and longevity in the water and the fact that it would not budge open so that it could be used across three baths no matter how hard I tried. Overall, the scent was absolutely divine, but in all other aspects, the Humpty Dumpty bath bomb failed to please me. 2/5 stars for me. Hopefully I'll soon be able to return and pick up something that is more worth trying out, perhaps a Big Blue, Guardian of the Forest, a Mmmelting Marshmallow Moment luxury melt, an Ickle Baby Bot, another Twilight bath bomb, or a Rainbow Fun. Something that will actually be worth my hard-earned money. Because the Humpty Dumpty bath bomb definitely didn't do it for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment