Wednesday, March 9, 2016

Daphne's California Greek Grill: Review

Today I went with my mom to try out a dining place we've been dying to try out for a little while now. I never really have had much interest in Greek food before, even though I would consider myself a rather adventurous person as far as food goes. But, I was willing to give Daphne's a shot. As soon as you walk in to order, it's a wonderful, friendly atmosphere to be in. After several minutes of contemplating, I decided on the Rustic Greek Flatbread. Although  it's on the Starter portion of the menu, it's more than enough to feed a single person. After my mother ordered a Mix-and-Match option, with the grilled chicken kabob, a salad, and rice, we headed to a table outside to dine. Our food was made speedily, and we had our plates served to us in less than ten minutes. The quick service definitely deserves brownie points in my mind. The Rustic Greek Flatbread is heavenly. Ingredients included on top are: tomatoes, cucumbers, tabouli, mozzarella, feta, green peppers, red onions, and kalamata olives. It was like a Greek version of an everything pizza. Delicious. I was pleasantly surprised that although it's flatbread and is very thin, even with all the other ingredients to top the meal off, it's a very filling meal and I'll definitely be getting this again. I also had a taste of my mom's dish. It was absolutely scrumptious as well. The grilled chicken kabob was seasoned well enough to my liking, and the rice was the best I'd ever tasted. Whatever they did to it, it was absolutely excellent. I also stole all her pita bread slices, which were divine as well. And not only is Daphne's delicious, it's also very affordable, healthy, and nutritious as well, so that you can go out for lunch or dinner guilt-free. Oh, and the plus is that if you get a drink along with your meal, they have flavor shots that can go with you drink! I got Dr. Pepper with vanilla flavor shot in it. But anyways, it was a fantastic eating experience. I'd highly recommend Daphne's for those of you who are looking to try something new, to explore something other than the age old, classic burger, along with the benefit of still eating something pretty healthy. 6/5 stars for me, because yes, that's just how much I loved it.

No comments:

Post a Comment