Wednesday, February 17, 2016

You've Been Mangoed Melt: Lush Review

I went out on a shopping spree with my sister to the mall last Saturday. Our first stop on the list was Lush. I'd been to Lush before with a couple of friends, but I'd never bought anything. I must admit, I wasn't looking forward to this trip, but it turned out to be worthwhile. I ended up picking out the luxury melt, You've Been Mangoed, and the bath bomb, Brightside. Tonight I decided to put the mango melt to the test. You've Been Mangoed feels oily, rubbing off onto your hand like a bar of soap, but it's not so much a problem because of the lovely strong scent. Contrary to its name, it has more of a zesty lemon scent, and although I'm not particularly fond of lemon fragrances it really did blow me away. I highly appreciated the strength of the scent. It fits perfectly into your palm, and it's a tropical orange color. Very cute, although I must say that for an ounce, it was pretty pricey, at a whopping $6.45. However, it's worth the price, if I do say so myself. I was certainly not disappointed. I filled up the tub halfway with hot water and placed half of the bar in. As it slowly melted in the water, it made these lovely tendrils of bright orange, like little streams of orange juice. Once it had melted completely, the color soaked into the water and my bath turned a subtle orange color, very pretty. The scent remained strong and citrusy, which was very pleasing to my nose. As I soaked in the tub, I could feel my skin softening, smoothening. Even once I'd drained the water and stepped into my towel, my skin was nice and baby smooth. The citrus fragrance lingered both in the bathroom and on my body for a long while, like a nice perfume. All in all, the You've Been Mangoed luxury bath melt is a Lush product that I highly recommend. Although it's expensive for something so small, the scent is strong and fruity in the best way possible. The melt has a lovely visual display once in the water and leaves the skin soft, smooth, and smelling of lemon. I bestow it a 4/5 star rating. Being my first Lush product ever, the mango melt made a great impression on me and if I needed a little bit of moisturizing or wanted a light bath, this would definitely be my go-to.

No comments:

Post a Comment