Monday, February 22, 2016

Music Review: Melanie Martinez

I first picked up a Melanie Martinez album due to my best friend, who'd introduced me to her music. Right away, I was hooked. Her album, "Crybaby" is pure genius. My sister describes her music as "creepy", but I say otherwise. "Crybaby" is the likes of nothing I've ever listened to before. Each song is like an intricate story, each one leading into the next seamlessly. It's dark and slightly pessimistic, which suits me just right. I may be a fairly happy and confident person, but my taste in music is a different story. The songs tell tales of very real problems in these days, and it's nice to relate. Additionally, every track has well-written lyrics and a catchy beat, and I've been listening to this album every single day since the day I purchased it. I can't praise Melanie Martinez's first album enough, and I highly recommend it. It's a 5/5 for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment