Sunday, April 10, 2016

Mmmelting Marshmallow Moment: Lush Review

After my awful experience with Yuzu and Cocoa bubbleroon, I exchanged the half I hadn't used for a luxury melt- the Marshallow Melt. This Lush product looks like a powdery little cupcake, very charming, and it fits perfectly into the palm of your hand. For $7.95, it sure did seem like a steal! It smells really nice and feminine, like a strip of Bazooka bubblegum, which made me adore it all the more, with a hint of vanilla and candy floss.  In my mind, it makes me go back to a time where all I did was chew gum, causing my jaw to pop and lock at the most inconvenient times- oh, wait. That's still me now. Oops... Anyways, I really did enjoy it by looks and scent alone, and I was itching to finally try it out. Tonight I was in the mood for a nice, long, soak, one that made me feel really girly, as well as allowing me to sink down into the warm water and relax. Something ultra decadent. Mmmelting Marshmallow Moment dissolves after about fifteen minutes of ebbing away, soaking into the water like an actual marshmallow sinking into a mug of hot chocolate. The thought made me laugh. As it melted away, tendrils of moisturizing oils slid in little beads into the water, which was slowly but steadily turning a light purplish-pink. The water soon felt very silky indeeed, though not oily as the likes of You've Been Mangoed. Once the fourth of the little "cake" shaped melt I'd placed in the tub had melted into oblivion, the scent was very strong indeed, and made me the tiniest bit queasy. I'm sure that if I'd used the entire thing in one go, I'd be leaning over the toilet right now. In fact, I still am a bit dizzy from the entire experience, but I think as long as its used sparingly, a little will go a long way. My skin has stayed super smooth and supple throughout the night, and the scent has lingered lightly on my skin as well. For me, the strength of the scent was a little bit much, even with only a quarter of the luxury melt in the tub at one time. However, sugary sweet scents in a certain quantity have always been known to make me a bit ill, so it was a risk for me to take. I must say, though, that I was extremely impressed with the outcome of luxury melt. Since this melt is being discontinued, I am very glad to get the chance to use it. Not only does this Lush product smell good, it can be used from across two to eighth baths, and still make your skin soft and smooth, turn the water a nice shade, and be relaxing all the same. I very much encourage those who haven't given it a go to do so soon, before the last of it is gone! 5/5 stars for me. Although I don't think I'll be purchasing anymore bubblegum-scented products anytime soon, this was a very positive experience and if I get the chance, I think I'll purchase another before it goes out. I think it would pair well with Twilight bath bomb, and I would love to try that combo out.

No comments:

Post a Comment