Tuesday, April 5, 2016

Gold FUN Lush review

I so wanted this product to be good, to perform well in the tub, especially after what happened with Yuzu and Cocoa bubbleroon. And it really was, much to my surprise. Gold FUN is supposed to share it's scent with HIWTK, so I was expecting a sweet toffee smell similar to Twilight Bath Bomb or Humpty Dumpty bath bomb. However, when I opened up the package, it gave off this extremely strong aroma that I wasn't too sure about. I can only describe it as this sweet orangey, caramel scent, but one that smells kind of....fake, or something. I didn't particularly enjoy it too much. In fact, it made me feel a little queasy. However, I was determined to like it. And so I cut up the play doh like bar into little slivers, then rolled small parts of each sliver into about 50-something little gold shimmering balls of goodness. I ended up putting two of the smaller ones under the tap. It was surprisingly easy to dissolve, as it doesn't really crumble well, it just melts. However, right away bubbles were filling up the tub. From all the poor reviews I'd heardo on this one, especially concerning bubble quality and quantity, I was expecting the worst. However, I was pleasantly surprised with the outcome. Since I hardly used any at all, it didn't change the color of the bath water except to make it a creamy white, clear color. This is a great option if you're looking for a product that will give you a HUGE bang for your buck, especially with the bubbles. I can probably take a bath everyday for nearly a month. Just sitting in the water, I felt my skin softened and my hair was gloriously smooth. Especially if you want to relax but only for thirty minutes or so, this is the one for you! The bubbles pop, making you feel like there is popping candy included in the experience. The smell is transformed from the original package scent, becoming what really DID remind me of Twilight Bath bomb. It's light and flirty and really would help if you're trying to get to sleep. In fact, I found myself almost nodding off in the tub, and felt especially sleepy for a long while after I'd gotten out of the tub! The bubbles are abundant, soft, and fluffy, and will disappear within approximately 15 or 20 minutes, so if you're somebody who prefers a shorter, simpler bath, this is for you! Although the scent put me off at first, this FUN bar really did exceed my expectations and performed very well when put to the test. After this experience, I can't wait to try out all the other FUN options, specifically Green FUN, Rainbow FUN, and the Aliens and Monsters FUN bar. As for this particular one, it boasts a strong 4/5, the extremely strong scents being the only mark-off for me.
EDIT: Over time, the scent has really grown on me and I smell more and more of the similarities to Twilight and Humpty Dumpty that I'd been expecting, but it still has its own signature scent with the slightest honey-ish, citrus-you hint. I actually very much like it now that I've gotten used to it and warmed up to the aroma a bit. I've decided to reward Gold FUN with a new rating of 5/5. Although for some it might be too much, as it was for me at first, once you warm up to it and take a sniff often it really grows on you and at least for me, may even love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment